Women have always been at the heart of debates and often destructive passions. Targeted, exploited, subjugated and accused of many evils, the centuries and the last decades have seen her pass in turn from the status of witch to that of muse without forgetting the warrior woman, perhaps the most important of all. Today the women want to be resolutely free and independent in their choices. Among them proudly stands the mother. Blooming, luminous, bathed in a natural confidence and serenity erected as ramparts, she advances facing obstacles one after the other, enjoying the joys of life when they arise. Because her greatest power is there, within her. She is empowerment incarnate. She is She, finally.
Empowerment, n.m, but feminine quality
Difficult to pronounce, the word empowerment is just as difficult to explain. More than a word to which a definition would be attached, theempowerment is a concept, a philosophy of life, a feeling.
Simple, the Larousse offers as a translation “greater autonomy”. This is actually only a pale reflection of what empowerment represents. Another dictionary suggests a more complete definition when speaking of liberation, plenitude of rights and social, moral and intellectual emancipation. In our view, this plot lacks a more personal dimension, a inner power.
|According to Élhée, empowerment is akin to a real and full control of the woman over who she is, over her life – private and professional – which involves deep inner work, with, first of all, theacceptance of what it is and the forces that flow from it ; its true sacred power.|
Empowerment and women of the world
From a societal point of view, women – and other minorities with them – still have a great need for this empowerment that empowerment represents. It is a question here of young girls not attending school, social injunctions, equality between men and women, but also gender stereotypes. Each of these barriers weakens women, their achievements and their future. Empowerment is developing to help counter them, without waiting or in addition to external aid.
Being a mother and claiming her sacred power
Yes theempowerment is inner awareness, the process can also result from a transmission from mother to child.
History describes quite well the ambivalence around the woman-mother. Goddess of the sacred feminine through her power of procreation, motherhood is also presented as the greatest state of vulnerability and submission of women.
Except that things change. The modern world and the future, thanks in particular to empowerment, are gradually agreeing on a new vision of motherhood, or rather over several. Little by little, a multiple motherhood takes shape and moves towards acceptance. Through empowerment transformation, every mother can be the mom, the stay-at-home mom, the working mom or even the unexpected mom she wants. Empowerment pushes mothers towardsconsent and self-confidence between tradition and modernity, towards a instinctive and majestic motherhood.
On the occasion of International Women's Rights Day, Élhée, a feminine and maternal company if ever there was one, wished to pay tribute to all mothers, from the most novice to the most embodied, including all those who occupy this role, however they choose to assume it. There are 1,001 ways and probably more, to be a mother for your children.
- Being a mother means embarking on the journey of medically assisted fertilization, perhaps trying several times, to finally get pregnant naturally after a long struggle.
- Being a mother means discovering yourself pregnant despite contraception and deciding to welcome this new child with happiness.
- Being a mother means bringing your child into the world naturally or with the help of a caesarean section, choosing a non-medical delivery or benefiting from an epidural.
- Being a mother means breastfeeding your baby give formula and use a bottle or choose mixed breastfeeding.
- Being a mother means enduring the complications, stress and follow-up of a risky pregnancy and sometimes spending long, trying weeks in a neonatal resuscitation and neonatology unit.
- Being a mother means staying up all night to take care of your sick child.
- Being a mother means returning to full-time or part-time work and being convinced that it is a good thing for you and for your baby.
- Being a mother means choosing to stay at home to raise your child and also flourish like that.
- Being a mother means dividing household chores equally with your life partner, or having them do most of the work while you manage household finances.
- Being a mother also means experiencing a failure in love or a conflicting situation around the custody of children.
- Being a mother means relying on others when necessary, having the courage to place your child for adoption to offer him a better future, or feeding him with milk from an anonymous donor.
- Being a mother doesn't mean you have to be perfect, or even stick to one stereotype or another; To be a mother means above all to be you and to do things in accordance with who you are, unvarnished and revealing the sacred power of your personality.
To be a mother is therefore above all to be a woman, because to be happy is above all to be you, because to transmit is above all to know you in order to be able to give the example to your children of an available and generous mother, but also aware of her needs and her balance as a person, for the well-being of all.
As'deeply feminine company founded by a mother Within an almost entirely male industry, Élhée takes a close interest in changes in society, especially when they concern mothers and their children. On this world day of recognition and celebration, we wanted to bring our little stone to the building!