Giving birth to a child means making the choice, through this act of love, to accompany and raise the future adult within him. An adult that every parent wants to be fulfilled and independent. However, autonomy is tamed from a very young age, to be acquired throughout childhood , then adolescence and even adulthood. That said, did you know that there are several stages and several forms of autonomy? Élhée is interested here in the physical autonomy of babies from six months to three years old, favored by her new learning bottle . Attention… Unboxing in sight!
- Why encourage babies' autonomy?
- Promoting baby’s autonomy: different stages depending on their age
- Brand new, very beautiful: Élhée presents her training bottle
- The learning bottle, a springboard towards autonomy
- In summary: how to promote baby's autonomy?
Why encourage babies' autonomy?
We might think that babies are not concerned with autonomy. It is both true and false. Of course, your newborn, in his first weeks, is entirely dependent on you. But, quickly, by learning to sleep through the night alone (and therefore to go back to sleep without you), by spacing out feedings (and therefore by better managing his hunger), or by attempting his first trips , baby takes new steps towards autonomy .
Why are they so important? Because autonomy, through the discoveries, reflections, learning and successes it conveys, provides your baby with knowledge of his environment . It also allows him to gain confidence , develop his creativity and helps him pay more attention, earlier, to what he is doing .
Promoting baby’s autonomy: different stages depending on their age
A baby's autonomy is forged step by step, over the months, acquisitions and experiences. Furthermore, the small child's field of action broadens at the same time as his cognitive and motor skills.
As you know, Élhée accompanies your babies from birth with its Round bib 150 , 240 and 330 ml . Also, for older children, it's time to discover the Élhée learning bottle! For ever more indulgence and autonomy!
Brand new, very beautiful: Élhée presents her training bottle
Like its big brother, the ergonomic and healthy baby bottle made in France , the brand new Élhée bottle is: unbreakable and easy to hold thanks to its flexible silicone body, but also completely compatible with learning to be independent thanks to its leak-proof suction nozzle.
- Unbreakable : like the Rond bib , the Élhée learning bottle is made of medical grade silicone , 100% healthy and 100% safe for your child. Both flexible and resistant , this innovative material has an enormous advantage in supporting the independence of young children: it withstands all treatments without breaking, deforming or cracking. The Élhée learning bottle can therefore be thrown, crushed or dropped: there is no risk to it and neither to your child .
- Easy to hold : thanks to this amazing material that is flexible silicone, the Élhée learning bottle can be used by all hands, even the smallest . Élhée recommends its use from six months . Here, its exclusive rounded design makes things even easier, for a bottle that sits well in the palm , a partner in all your first adventures.
- Equipped with a leak-proof suction spout : the Élhée water bottle is ideal for little ones who want to learn to drink like adults . It allows you to confidently initiate a smooth transition between the baby's bottle and the glass .
The learning bottle, a springboard towards autonomy
Breastfeeding is a physiological need as well as a real pleasure for babies. However, on his own, your child will end up pushing his bottle away and making you understand that he wants to try something else. Because he sees you doing it , because he is curious and because he wants to drink like the grown-ups now.
Just as the high chair and the suction plate give baby the opportunity to sit at the table with you to eat, the Élhée water bottle is the new must-have for their independence .
- Your child no longer (or almost no longer) spills his drink.
- Light and easy to carry, your child can take their bottle with them everywhere .
- Being able to do like the grown-ups reduces your frustrations .
- Small thirst or dehydration, the bottle offers perfect capacity , which lets the child manage his need to drink independently .
- Water, pressed fruit juices, fruit water and milk of course, the use of the bottle is limitless (or almost).
Beyond the equipment and accessories that promote it, the autonomy of babies and children can be encouraged by a general state of mind, that of confidence: confidence in yourself and confidence in your child, so that his turn, he has confidence in himself.
The autonomy of children around the world
In certain Asian or Latin American countries, young parents use very few diapers. They prefer to rely on their baby's autonomy, to learn cleanliness. Also called natural infant hygiene (NIH) , this ecological and intuitive method, based on the child's signaling of needs, is gaining more and more followers around the world.
In the Netherlands, children, from a very young age, are considered as a person in their own right. His parents therefore give him a great deal of autonomy, particularly in terms of decisions that concern him for which his opinion is systematically requested and taken into account.
Finally, in Germany, it is not uncommon to see children traveling alone to go shopping or to the square. Nor is it surprising that a daycare organizes an overnight stay or even a stay outside, with young children and without their parents .
In summary: how to promote baby's autonomy?
Practice free motor skills to stimulate curiosity and facilitate experiments.
Adapt and secure his environment (low storage or baskets so that baby can quickly grab his toys alone, mattress on the floor so that he can go to bed when he is tired, etc.).
Encourage initiatives and promote successes (well done!).
Let him manage his diet when possible ( breastfeeding on demand , DMA, training bottle, etc.).
Try Natural Infant Hygiene (NIH) .
Guide your child, explain slowly, but always avoid doing things for them.
- Always give yourself time and show as much patience and kindness as possible.