- During pregnancy: essential nutrients and vitamins for you and your baby
- 3 pregnancy recipes to enjoy without feeling guilty
- Breastfeeding mothers: a balanced diet to stock up on energy
- 3 tailor-made breastfeeding recipes
April is a bit like the season for new babies, right? And, if they are not yet born, perhaps they are in preparation? Tell us everything! Because, for our part, we have chosen this month to talk to you about delicacies and food. Pregnant or breastfeeding, what foods and nutrients are essential for you? We tell you everything and above all, we share with you some Quick recipes to make your life easier in the kitchen .
During pregnancy: essential nutrients and vitamins for you and your baby
To ensure your full health and the good growth of the baby in your belly, throughout your pregnancy you must ensure that you consume enough essential vitamins and nutrients .
- Vitamin B9 : it is the first essential before, during and after pregnancy that you should not do without. It is found in vegetables and fruits such as spinach, lamb's lettuce, endives, leeks, artichokes, bananas, all red fruits and also in yeast.
- Iron : it is the second nutrient that should not be neglected if you are expecting a baby, as needs increase throughout the pregnancy. To get iron, eat well-cooked meat (to avoid the development of bacteria) and legumes.
- Calcium : essential for the baby's bone mineralization, it also prevents high blood pressure during pregnancy. Calcium is mainly found in cheeses (hard cheeses only to avoid listeriosis and toxoplasmosis), yogurts or in milk. Leafy vegetables, dried fruits and nuts also contain it.
- Vitamin D : it helps to assimilate calcium. Produced by the body, you also consume it by eating fatty fish such as well-cooked salmon and smoked herring, or egg yolk.
- Iodine : this trace element is fundamental for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and the proper development of the fetus. Because the needs of pregnant women are increased, eat well-cooked shellfish and sea fish, eggs, dairy products and iodized salt.
3 pregnancy recipes to enjoy without feeling guilty
For a little delight rich in vitamin B, carefully wash a few artichoke bases which you will crush with a fork before adding a quarter of lemon for seasoning. Heat everything over low heat, add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of crème fraîche before serving, why not, with grilled chicken breasts.
Leek and chicken gratin
Breastfeeding mothers: a balanced diet to stock up on energy
To produce the milk your baby needs, you burn a lot of calories (hello back to the postpartum line). If an intake - estimated at 500 calories on average per day - may be necessary, it varies depending on whether you breastfeed one or two babies or whether you practice mixed breastfeeding. or exclusive. Either way, you need a regular and varied diet . The good news ? You can again eat whatever you like, but in moderate quantities . An excellent solution for varying dishes and foods.
- Of the proteins (animal and plant), carbohydrates (rice, pasta, wholemeal bread and cereals, etc.), fibers (dried fruits and legumes), fatty acids, vitamins and minerals .
- Of calcium , found in cheeses such as Comté, Cantal or Beaufort, but also in nuts and green leafy vegetables.
3 tailor-made breastfeeding recipes
St Marcellin and spinach quiche
Egg casserole with smoked salmon
And for those who are hungry, what should we eat?
Pregnant or breastfeeding, cravings and hunger pangs are common. To eat well without having anything to regret, Élhée has prepared a additional list of quick and healthy snacks , to always keep on hand.
- We make ourselves a milkshake with ripe fruit from the fridge and milk.
- We take advantage of all fresh and seasonal fruits , to chew or squeeze.
- We spread a slice of walnut bread with a crushed banana .
- We slip a little packet of dried fruits and seeds , in the pocket of his vest (figs, apricots, hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
- We prepare a bowl of Humus . This chickpea puree contains crushed sesame, lemon, garlic and olive oil, so you can dip veggie sticks in it.
- We stock up on canned mackerel or anchovies , to eat with a few salad leaves.
Breastfeeding means rediscovered culinary freedom combined with a virtual obligation to snack. Don't deprive yourself of it! You will discover, because the flavor of breast milk changes with food, another way to share and exchange with your baby.